- Chalk Cloth
- 4 inch embroidery hoop
- hot glue gun
- decorative cotton fabric
- decorative button with loop
1. Cut 1 inch strip of fabric the length of the fabric.
2. Glue end of fabric to top of hoop. Wrap around, working all the way around the hoop. Hot glue fabric at other end and trip excess fabric.
3. Trace inner hoop onto chalk cloth. Cut around traced line (approximately 1/4 inch). Cut from the edge to the line (perimeter of the traced circle). This will allow chalk cloth to bend more easily. Place hoop back on top of chalk cloth and glue one tab at a time working around the circle to secure the entire piece of chalk cloth.
4. Place chalk cloth covered hoop inside fabric covered hoop and tighten closure. Hang with twine. String a decorative flower button onto the twine as an added embellishment!
One of my mini chalkboards was sent to Erin of How to Nest For Less for an ornament exchange hosted by Dana of Crafted Niche! The other is off to another someone special….but it’s a surprise! So, shhhhhhh!