Can you tell how excited my daughter was to get to help makeover this little dollhouse shelf I found at a local thrift store! We received a box of crafting goodies from Plaid Crafts that were perfect for this little makeover.
The shelf was priced at $3.00 and it was 50% off so we walked out with it for a whopping $1.50!! Steal!
It wasn’t much to look at but I knew with a little makeover it would be perfect to hang in her room.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Mod Podge Washout
- Apple Barrel paint in your color(s) of choice
- wood item to paint (Dollhouse Wall Shelf)
- drop cloth or butcher paper to protect surface
- palette to hold paint
- scrapbook paper
3. Paint a thin coat of Mod Podge Wash Out onto the wood surface. Place in the paper, press down, and allow to dry for a minute. After the glue has had a minute to firm up press all over the paper surface to make sure there is good adhesion.
4. Repeat the measure, cut, and glue process for each wall.
5. To finish we sealed the floors with another coat of Mod Podge Wash Out. It gave them a nice glossy coat and will protect the paper from anything my daughter decides to stick in the dollhouse. We left the walls unsealed so they would have more of a wallpaper look and texture.
We both love how it turned out! Can’t wait to buy a little set of furniture to set up inside.