Have you seen the new Martha Stewart Jewelry line available exclusively at Michaels? If you haven’t you really need to go take a look. I received a collection of products from the jewelry line including several bottles of the Martha Stewart Crafts™ Jewelry Glaze!
To make these DIY Glazed Filigree Earrings you will need:
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ Jewelry Glaze in your choice of 8 colors (I used Ivory and Habanero Red)
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ filigree settings (2 packs if you want your earrings to be an exact match)
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ ear wires
- jump rings
- jewelry pliers
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ glazing brushes
- Martha Stewart Crafts™ silicone work mat
1. Pour out a small amount of glaze onto your work surface. Paint the glaze onto the filigree setting. (I tried this with the stiff bristle brush and the soft bristle brush and the soft brush gave a much smoother finish.)
2. Allow glaze to dry according to product directions and apply a second coat if necessary.
|after glaze (Ivory)|
|after glaze (Habanero Red)|
3. Using jewelry pliers slightly open two jump rings and loop through the base of each ear wire.
4. While the jump rings are still open loop them through each filigree round.
5. Using jewelry pliers close each jump ring to secure the ear wires and filigree round.
Such a simple project with stunning results!
What do you think?
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Plaid and Blueprint Social. I was supplied most of the items needed to make these earrings but the design for this project and opinions are entirely my own.
To see more jewelry made with Martha Stewart Jewelry available at Michaels craft stores click on the links below.
Lil’ Luna– Linking up with Lil’ Luna
Southern Lovely– Show & Share
Ginger Snap Crafts– Wow Me Wednesday
Snap!– Show and Tell