Got out of the house this Valentine’s morning and spent some time with my babies at their music class! I just had to share the little present each mom/caregiver was given. I helped make them so I can vouch for the fact that they are easy to make….albeit time consuming when you are making 30 from scratch! They are a great idea to file away for Mother’s Day too!
What you’ll need:
- 3 pretty envelopes of the same size/shape (In our case we opened and traced an envelope onto 3 pieces of coordinating 12″x12″ scrapbook paper to make our own pretty envelopes!)
- glue stick
- hole punch
- about 2 feet or coordinating ribbon
How to complete:
1. Fold the flaps of 2 envelopes back.
2. Glue the folded back flap of one envelope and affix it to the front of a second envelope. If you are using a ready made envelope you can just lick the pre-pasted seal and affix to the next envelope!
3. Now picking up the stacked and glued envelopes (2) repeat step 2 and glue to the front of envelope 3.
4. You should now have 3 envelope attached and the back envelope’s flap should be able to fold over the opening of the front envelope. If you followed the direction correctly you should also have three pockets inside in which to store little treasures like pictures or recipes, etc.
5. Punch a hole at the bottom of the stack of envelopes (the hole needs to go through all 3 envelopes) and string the ribbon through the hole. The ribbon can now be wrapped around the outside of the envelopes to tie down the flap and close the pockets!
|The Alstromeria in the vase was my present from my Hubby. That and a night out to dinner and the movies.|
|Here’s an up close view of the flap of the front envelope affixed to the second.|
I am so very thankful for my three Valentine’s! On this day to celebrate love, I was thankful for a little reminder of what it truly means to love.