We made it!!!
Six quick weeks have come and gone and our Eclectic Botanical Farmhouse Family Room is complete!
We owe a big thank you to Linda of Calling It Home for hosting the One Room Challenge™. The ORC provided a wonderful community to encourage us throughout this project and hold us to our six-week timeline.
We are sooooo happy with our new space!
I know! Such a tease.
Hang tight. I promise there are TONS of after pics. Probably way more than necessary but we did just devote six weeks of our lives to bringing this room together, so…I gotta go big!
First, let’s jump back really quick and see where this all started.
Literally, a hodge-podge mess of miss-matched furniture and accessories thrown in just to have somewhere to sit and places to store our stuff. A room full of unfinished/unstarted projects and plans for some day.
We crafted quite a lofty plan and I’ll let you decide if we succeeded!
- install shiplap walls surrounding fireplace
- install built-in shelving and bench seating surrounding fireplace
- paint shiplap and built-ins
- source plug-in wall sconces to flank fireplace
- build console table for wall beside french doors
- build farmhouse style bench to place behind the exposed section of sofa
- build, install, & paint window cornices
- swap out curtains
- patch together 2, 4’x6′ rugs to place in front of french doors
- paint sunroom and bathroom doors
- refinish art file
- paint tufted chair upholstery
- refinish end tables
- refinish or replace coffee table
- replace too small rug
- source matching accent chairs for in front of fireplace
- add decorative wood trim to built-in entertainment cabinet
- sew a few new pillow covers
- “plant” silk fiddle leaf fig
- pull together finishing touches (aka rearrange, buy, or DIY decor)
Ready for it!!!!
Here’s our completed Eclectic Botanical Farmhouse Family Room!
**contains some affiliate links**
Sofa – Ikea Ektorp Sectional
Rattan Ottoman/Coffee Table | Michaels
Zinc Tray – Joann Fabrics
Area Rug -(sponsored) eSaleRugs | 9″ x 12″ Beige Restoration Rug
7″ Lace Trim | Joann Fabrics
Faux Fiddle Leaf Fig – DIY
Faux Zinc Top Console Table – DIY | DecoArt Americana Decor Metallics Silver Paint
Runner Rug – DIY using 2, 4′ x 6′ throw rugs from HomeGoods
Arm Chairs – DIY | Vintage, reupholstered
Floral Canvas | HomeGoods
Wall Clock | Decor Steals
Rattan Basket End Table | Ikea Jassa Basket
Woven Bench | Ikea – discontinued
End Tables | Vintage bought from Cassie Bustamante
Tassel Pillows | Target – clearance
Light Pink Pillow Covers | Ikea
Art File | Craigslist – Free
Chinese Scissor Set | Amazon
Pink Tasseled Throw Blanket | HomeGoods
Mint Striped Basket | HomeGoods
Floral Embroidered Throw Pillow | HomeGoods
Feed Sack Napkin Pillow Shams | DIY
Farmhouse Bench | DIY
Flocked Lampshade & Iron Lamp | Auction
Mercury Glass Lamp | HomeGoods
Fresh Florals | Wegmans
Live Money Tree | Wegmans
Mint Green Cookie Jar (vase) | World Market
This project was a big undertaking but I am so glad we jumped into the ORC again.
I am thrilled with the results.
Now, you do not want to miss all of the room reveals being linked up over at the Calling It Home blog! I am for sure going to be spending a few days perusing all of the amazing rooms.
Until next time,